BS, Electrical Engineering
(telecommunications + microelectronics), University of São
Engineering, University de São Paulo, 1992.
Advisor: Prof. Luiz de Queiroz Orsini. Thesis: Cálculo de
Funções de Transferência de Circuitos
Ph.D, Electrical Engineering, University of
California, Los Angeles, 1999. Advisor: Prof. Ali H.
Sayed. Dissertation: Stability
of Adaptive Filters without Slow Adaptation Approximations.
University of São Paulo
Associate Editor, IEEE Trans. on Signal
Associate Editor, EURASIP
Journal of Applied Signal Processing
Member of the IEEE Signal Processing Society Signal Processing
Theory and Methods Technical Committee (SPTM TC)
Founder and Chair of the
Paulo IEEE Signal Processing Chapter (Oct. 2010 - )
International Telecommunications Symposium, to be held in São
Member of the Steering
Committee for the Third Workshop on Cognitive Information
Processing, to be held at Parador de Baiona, Spain, May 2012.
Member of the Technical
Committee for the following conferences
- 2011 Statistical Signal Processing Workshop, Nice, Jul.
- 7th International Symposium on Wireless Communication
Systems (ISWCS'10), York, Sept. 2010.
- 2009 IEEE DSP Workshop, Marco Island, FL, USA, 2009.
- IX IEEE Workshop on Signal Processing in Wireless
Communications, Recife, Brazil, 2008.
- XXVII Brazilian Telecommunications Symposium, Blumenau,
- XXVI Brazilian Telecommunications Symposium, Rio de
Janeiro, Brazil, 2008.
- 5th International Conference on Tecnology and Automation,
Tessaloniki, Greece, 2005.
CNPq (National Research Council)